DFend, INC. ("DFEND" or "We") endeavors to be a potent tool in your arsenal to protect your digital identity and digital life from the ever-present threats of breach and theft on the internet. Naturally, DFEND respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice. DFEND adheres to the principles of privacy by design and privacy by default in our DFEND service offerings, including the DFend App.
The DFend App is built to minimize the amount of data DFEND collects, and to the extent, we do collect certain data from you, such collection will be known to you and you will have the opportunity, notice, and choice, on whether to allow such collection or not.
DFEND is also committed to the security of your data. So much so that your data is not even visible to DFEND because it is encrypted with best-in-class encryption protocols to ensure security.
The DFend App (web and mobile) provides you the ability to detect and receive notifications about your digital identity signals in real time. The DFend App allows you to select which accounts you want to link and monitor. In order to do this the DFend App interface will prompt you to log in to your selected account with the applicable login credentials, so that we may verify and integrate your account for monitoring. DFEND does not have access to, nor does it store your login credentials, or any data processed through such credentials as all data is fully encrypted.
So, in light of the above, this notice describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, access, and use the DFend App (the "App"), as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This notice applies only to information we collect in this App and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at CONTACT PAGE.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as device IDs
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App
- Log In Credentials for third-party service providers in order for the App and services to integrate with such services for monitoring.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your devices, such as approximate zip code, and geographic location (latitude and longitude coordinates).
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Alert you to suspicious or malicious activity detected on a third-party service account linked by you to the App for monitoring.
- Alert you when a third-party service account has been locked in accordance with your preference in response to a threat.
- Provide you with the App and its services and contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our user size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use the location information we collect to verify your true location when vetting suspicious activity and potential detected in connection with a third-party service account linked in the App by you.
Disclosure of Your Information
First and foremost, we do NOT sell your information. We have no visibility of your information, and thus have no ability to use it for any purpose other than the services we provide to you – digital identity protection.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device to:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Terms of Service.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DFEND, our customers, or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. That is why we provide a comprehensive preference panel within the App that gives you total control over what information you share, and how we may use it. In addition, your iPhone or Android device contains features in their general settings menu that allows you to further control the information you provide to the App (e.g., location services settings).
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see [Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also Contact us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
To ask questions or comment about this terms of service and our privacy practices, contact us.